Spicy Honey Roasted Acorn Squash & Brussel Sprouts
Pairing Suggestion: 2020 Winzer Select Gewürztraminer
About 1.5 lbs brussel sprouts
1 Acorn squash (mine was about 1.75 lbs)
6 TBSP butter
2 tsp smoked paprika
½ tsp chipotle chili powder
½ tsp cayenne powder
2 tsp garlic powder
3 TBSP honey
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp salt
1 bundle of thyme
6-8 oz of goat cheese
1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Wash your squash and brussel sprouts, then cut the stem off the brussels and cut them all in half. Cut your acorn squash in half, parallel to the ridges, and scoop out the soft insides with the seeds. Cut the squash perpendicular to the ridges into ½ inch thick strips and then cut those pieces in half. Set all your chopped veggies into a large mixing bowl while you make your sauce!
2. Melt the butter in a microwavable bowl. Add in your spices and honey and stir until mixed. Pour your butter sauce over your veggies and mix together until they are all evenly coated with the mixture.
3. Put your coated veggies on a baking sheet, spread out enough to roast evenly. Put them in the oven for about 30 minutes, or until they are getting golden. Broil them for 3-5 more minutes to get a little more crisp and char on them.
4. While your veggies are roasting, deseed your pomegranate (I googled the fastest way to do so, which was SUPER helpful)! Set those aside in a little bowl. Crumble up your goat cheese and put that in another little bowl.
5. Once your veggies are nice and crisp, let them rest for a few minutes and then transfer to a serving platter. Sprinkle on your goat cheese, pomegranates, and your fresh thyme.
Recipe by: Tesstotable
Photography: Bob Knill